B.Sc.(CUHK); M.Phil.(HK); Ph.D.(Princeton)
Dr. Ting has taught at the Chinese University of Hong Kong before
joining this department.
His research interests are in design and analysis of
algorithm and computational complexity. His current research includes
designing algorithms in computational biology.
Recent Publications :
- Ting, H.F., and Yao, A.C.-C., A randomized
algorithm for finding maximum with polynomial tests, Information Processing
- Ting, H.F., Wong, W.H., and Yau, M.H., An efficient algorithm for optimal
linear broadcast routing with capacity constraints, Proc. of 5th Italian
Conf. on Theoretical Computer Science (1995).
- Lam, T.W., Sung, W.K., and Ting, H.F., Computing the unrooted maximum
agreement subtree in sub-quadratic time, Nordic J. of Computing
3 (Winter 1996), 295-322 (a special issue containing selected papers of
the 5th Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory).
- Ting, H.F. and Wong, W.H., An approximation algorithm for bounded length
tree linear broadcast routing, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Algorithms
(Dec. 1996), 98-104.
- Kao, M.Y., Lam, T.W., Przytycka, T., Sung, W.K., and Ting, H.F., Efficient
algorithms for comparing unrooted evolutionary trees, Proc. of 29th
Symp. on Theory of Computing, to appear.
- Leung, H.F. and Ting, H.F., An optimal algorithm for global termination
detection in shared-memory asynchronous multiprocessor systems, IEEE
Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, to appear.
Last updated : February 24, 1997