FYP18027 - Multiplayer Browser Game
Project Introduction - Multiplayer Browser Game
- The game will allow 100+ players to play simultaneously. They will be able to enjoy a smooth and instant real-time gameplay.
2D Cartoonish Game for Kids
- The game will be built with HTML5 technology. It will be compatible for Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Our target audience is children. Therefore, the game is specifically designed for children, including the graphical and gameplay design.
Progress and Milestone
Sept 30 - Deliverables of Phase 1 (Inception) - Done
Oct - Conceptualize the details of the game
Nov - GUI and graphic design
- Detailed project plan - Done
- Project web page - Done
Dec - Construction
- In-game User Interface
- Main Menu and Other Sections
- Object Images
Jan 20 - Deliverables of Phase 2 (Elaboration)
- Input/Output System of Players
- Basic Game Mechanics (e.g. movement, chat, collision)
- Construction of Objects in-game (e.g. monsters, weapons)
- Addition of Sound Effect and Music
- Production System
Feb-April - Optimization and Testing
April 14 - Deliverables of Phase 3 (Construction)
- Preliminary implementation
- Detailed interim report
- Finalized tested implementation
- Final report
- Project Plan - In Moodle
- Interim Report
- Final Report
Frequently Asked Questions
What technology do you plan to use to make the game?
For frontend, why choose HTML5 instead of Unity or others?
For backend, why choose Node.js instead of C++ or others?
- HTML5 allows greater flexibility as we can build everything from scratch. HTML5 games also tend to load quicker.
Will you plan to continue the project after FYP?
- Node.js is one of the most popular back-end tools for web application. Plus, Node.js has a lot of useful packages such as Socket.io, Express and MongoDB which will also be useful for the game.
- Yes, of course. This is not only an assignment nor a school project. This project is going to be an ongoing project and we have plans to release the game to public in the future.
Supervisor: Dr. Vincent Lau
Yip Long Yin
- Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2018 Leon Yip - All rights reserved.