Call For Papers
APSys takes a broad view of systems. This includes operating systems, virtualization, storage systems, distributed systems, mobile and embedded systems, cloud and data center systems, edge computing, data/graph analytics, networking, security and privacy, dependability, debugging, and manageability, as well as new systems contributions influenced by other fields such as hardware architecture, programming languages, machine learning and AI, databases, verification, social organization, and cryptocurrency.
The workshop favors works with an experimental flavor such as measurement and prototyping.
Here are the paper formatting rules for APSys 2021:
- Six or fewer pages of technical content, including all text, figures, tables, appendices, etc., excluding references.
- Formatted in standard ACM two-column conference style with 10-pt font size on 12-point (single-spaced) leading.
- Use A4 or US letter paper size, with all text and figures fitting inside a 178 x 229 mm (7 x 9 in) block centered on the page.
- Graphs and figures should be readable when printed in grayscale, without magnification.
- All pages should be numbered and references within the paper should be hyperlinked.
Reviewing will be double-blind: no author or affiliation information should appear in the submission. The authors should additionally follow the best practice in order not to disclose their identities implicitly. A submission may present preliminary results, propose a new research direction, provide insightful retrospective, or offer a provocative viewpoint on an important systems topic.
Papers will be selected based on their likelihood of generating insightful technical discussions at the workshop and influencing future systems research. Relevant attributes include originality, technical merit, clarity, and technical relevance. Accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of the workshop, which will be published in the ACM Digital Library. Consistent with standard scholarly practice, the authors should not have substantially similar work in review anywhere else.
Submissions can be made online at the APSys 2021 submission site (The submission portal is open now!).
More information about ApSys21 can be found here: http://www.cs.hku.hk/apsys2021
- Abstract registration (hard deadline): May 20 (Thr), 2021 (23.59 EDT)
Old submission deadline: May 20 (Thur), 2021 (23.59 EDT)
- Paper submission due (extended by 1 week): May 27 (Thur), 2021 (23.59 EDT)
- Notification to authors: July 1 (Thur), 2021 (23.59 EDT)
- Camera-ready due: July 21 (Wed), 2021 (23.59 EDT)
If you have any questions about the deadlines, please email the program co-chairs.