Zoom Session Procedure
How To Join The Session
We will send an invite email before the session. Using this invite, you can join a Zoom session by clicking on the link to join the meeting.
Each session will have a Web Chair, a Session Chair, a Presenter, and Participants.
- Web Chair: The Web Chair will be the host of the session to facilitate the use of the technology (NAME: Host).
- Session Chair: This Session Chair is present to coordinate the session and manage Q&A.
Following is the basic session procedure:
- 10 minutes before the session: The Web Chair will start the designated Zoom meeting.
- 5 minutes before the session: The Session Chair introduces the session.
- Before joining the session: all Presenters and Participants need to change the name to "[Your First Name] [Your Last Name] (Your Affiliation)." For example, "Michael Smith (HKU)."
- Beginning of the session: The Session Chair will introduce the Presenter. The talk will be presented using the video recording submitted by the Presenter. The video is no longer than 15 minutes. For each paper, we will first play the video, followed by 5 minutes of moderated Q&A (i.e., a total of 20 minutes per paper).
Instructions For Workshop Attendees
- There will be a live Q&A session after each video playback, moderated by the Session Chair.
- Participants will be muted during the video playback until the Q&A session starts.
- All Participants can unmute themself to ask questions only during the Q&A session.
- All Participants can also submit their questions to the Session Chair via the chat panel on the right of the Zoom window. The Session Chair will select and ask questions during the Q&A session.
- Please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, the Participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line.
Instructions For Session Chairs
- Introduce the session, and then each author/paper title before the video playback.
- Take questions from the chat panel during the video playback.
- Conclude the session.
- Make sure the time is adhered to and does not extend the allocated time.
- Please join the session at least 10 minutes in advance; please test your microphone and webcam once joined so that the session can start on time.
- Before joining the Zoom meeting, please change your name to "[Your First Name] [Your Last Name] (Your Affiliation, Chair)." For example, "Michael Smith (HKU, Chair)."
- Please introduce the session 5 minutes before the session.
- Please introduce each author/paper title before each video playback.
- During the playback of the presentation video, please keep track of the questions submitted by Participants on the chat panel on the right of the Zoom window.
- After the video playback, unmute yourself and the corresponding author/presenter only. Please make sure to ask the questions orally according to the FIFO time they were first submitted. If there are not many questions, feel free to ask some of your own.
- We recommend that you turn on your video to engage the attendees during the session introduction. You can do this by selecting the video connection when joining the Zoom meeting.
- Please be mindful of the Q&A time limits! We cannot introduce delays on the predetermined slots of each session; it will push other sessions behind.